If you’ve had a professional spa facial, you know that most of them start with steaming. That’s because applying warm steam to your skin opens up your pores, releasing bacteria and toxins from your skin. Moist heat also hydrates your skin, giving it a healthy glow. The other great thing about steaming is that it’s one part of a facial that you can easily replicate at home. All you need is some boiling water, a towel and your renew body wash with fertility essential oils. It is great for your skin, and the fragrant oils and ingredients will work to relax you through soothing aromatherapy, too.
Here’s What You Will Need:
- boiling water
- cotton towel
- renew Body Wash
The custom blend of Fertility Essential Oils help:
- geranium – acts as a natural astringent
- fennel – contains anti-aging antioxidants
- clary sage – calms and relieves anxiety
Benefits of Steam
A steady stream of warm, soothing steam does more than instantly relax your body and mind. Steaming your face also:
- Boosts circulation. Exposure to warm steam increases perspiration, helping your skin’s blood vessels to dilate, which improves blood flow.
- Hydrates and oxygenates your skin. Moist heat revives dry, tired-looking skin thanks in part to that fresh, oxygenated blood.
- Loosens debris and unclogs pores. Warm steam softens the skin’s surface, which makes it easier for bacteria and dirt to exit pores.
- Promotes a healthy glow. That boost in circulation beneath the skin, combined with a blast of hydration to the surface, will help you look refreshed.
- Calms your nerves with herbal aromas. When you add renew Body Wash with fertility essential oils to your facial steam, it works as aromatherapy to help soothe your mind and body.
- Start with clean skin. Boil water and then transfer it to a mixing bowl. Mix in a few drops of renew Body Wash. Set your mixing bowl on a table or other place where you can sit comfortably with your face over the steam. Put on some relaxing music if you like!
- Lean over the bowl of hot water, keeping your face about a foot from the water. Drape a towel over your head like a little tent to keep in the steam. If at any point the steam feels too hot, move your face a couple inches further back. The steam should feel soothing, not burning.
- Sit over the steam for 10-15 minutes, until the water cools.
- Gently pat your face dry with a clean towel.
An at-home steam facial is an easy and inexpensive technique to add to your wellness routine. It’s a great way to relax any time but especially during the 2WW!